Monday, April 23, 2012


Breaking up with God -or- Choice Moments


I am leading a class on Luther’s Large Catechism.  We are studying the Ten Commandments.  On Saturday, I shared the following proposition with those who gathered: 
If you take away my choice (my ability to choose, or the occasion for me to make a choice), then you annihilate my relationship with God.
I believe this is true in every case, that it can be applied to any circumstance.  
However, I would like to test it more thoroughly than is possible in my own, individual reflections.  Especially given the fact that I write without authority.  Please comment on the statement.  Do you agree or disagree?  And why?  I encourage you to be as concrete as possible--I would like to put flesh on this abstract claim.
I will share my own thoughts, and dialogue with your comments in a future blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment